So, as I'm driving into work today, I look over into the right lane and see a 1992-95 Honda Civic hatchback, or an "eg" for those in the know, in the ever so sought after Captiva Blue Pearl paint that every Honda fanboy lusts after. He has all his windows open and his sunroof cracked, his car is ridiculously lowered on some cheap self painted gold wheels and has a rear roofline spoiler in carbon fiber. What takes the cake is the "jdm beginning driver's badge" adorning its front windshield...why anyone would want to announce to the world that they're a student driver in Japan, while living in Orange County is still beyond my comprehension. Sitting inside is some 909 bro-lookin' ass, flat biller motherfucker drinking a Rockstar energy drink. I then start to realize how stupid I used to look driving a Honda like that...and how happy I am to be out of that scene. I don't see it as the death of a dream, but the freedom of a nightmare.
I don't really regret the years I've wasted toying with Hondas, as I've met some of my best friends through cars including Ed, Kaju, Pennis, Henry, and Toan, but the way that the scene is now, is just not conducive to the same kind of kinship that was once shared back in 2002-2003. There's too much ego and pride on the part of the young ass kids who get into it. The camaraderie that once existed is long gone, people go to meets nowadays just to show off, and put Dunks on their dashboard. Stupid fuckin' morons have no idea where the shit started, and where it's coming from. On that note, I'd like to say R.I.P to my boy jdm_jon nobuyuki tanji, a true pioneer and free thinker. If I had to say I envied anyone, it would be him, he always found a way to make his dreams come true, be it cars, fitness,friendship: anything. You were taken from us too soon homie!
So, I'll leave this blog on this note, the next time you see me driving a car like I stole it, it will be in an Imola Red E46 ///M3 cause honestly, I'm a grown ass man dawg, and I don't got time to play with your elementary school shit. Uno.
Friday, March 02, 2007
The Revelation...
Posted by
Ray Chong Chen
at
9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DAMN.
i wanna get a jeep one day :)
This reminds me of your boy that's cocky with that EK during Xmas..hahah..keep on grindin' and cop that //M3..you grown ass man...
Post a Comment