There's nothing in this world that humbles a man more effectively and efficiently as a good long workout or a game of basketball. When you think you've got it all, testing the limits of your body breaks you down and makes you realize that you really aren't shit. You've got nothing. Everyday should be a personal test of self worth.
I realize now that growing up, I didn't have harsh enough critics, or perhaps I tuned them out too easily. As such, my basketball game suffers and I am forced to develop my game myself.
With that said, I love the game of basketball again. It is a metaphor for life. Whether as a team or an individual, there are obstacles that must be overcome. It is the most easily defined test of the will and spirit of a person. It isn't about ability, it's about heart.
Herein lies the dilemma, when I play ball, I can't workout because I'm dead tired. When I workout, I can't ball because my muscles and shit are all sore. In the end, the love of the game wins me over.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Reality Check.
Posted by
Ray Chong Chen
at
3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
basketball > work out
Post a Comment