Being that yesterday was such a beautiful day, I decided that it would be the day that I would finally jog from my apartment to the gym, and back again. I got out of work around 5pm and headed over to class, only to find that it was cancelled. Sweet! So I head onto the freeway in hopes of getting home before sundown so I could have a nice, scenic run down to the gym.
That was definitely not happening...the freeways were congested and I returned one block to my apartment only to find that a mile long train was basically stuck on Orangethorpe from Jefferson(my street) all the way down to Chapman. So after making a huge detour, I got home, and hour and twenty minutes after I had left Irvine. FTL! But my resolve remained strong...as I got ready to head over the gym, Kaju called wanting to come hangout because traffic was killer on the 91E. Another delay in the workout plan, s'all good tho.
Finally, around 9pm, I finally embarked on the journey to the gym.
My lungs burned as if I had never stopped smoking at all. Covering terrain has really made me realize how weak and frail the treadmill and elliptical machines have made me. At the same time, it felt good...This was the first greatest challenge I've had since I started in September, and I can't wait to pursue and progress in the conquering of this obstacle. Needless to say, I couldn't run the complete distance, and this is something that I will be striving for in the coming months as the weather gets warmer. I got to the gym at around 9:45, so I'm guessing that the run took me between 35-40 minutes. The distance, as stated by Google maps is about 2.2 miles.
I woke up this morning to sore calves, burning thighs, and an aching back, and I couldn't be happier.
Another task to the add to my list of things to do this year:
Run to the gym in under 25 minutes(or at least jog the whole way there)
What it do baby boo!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
A New Challenge...
Posted by
Ray Chong Chen
at
2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment