Hello readers, the 2 or 3 of you out there...
Just wanted to update you guys on what I've been up to since the last update.
I recently sold my Canon G5, due to debt and etc. I felt it would be better to sell it off, though I do miss it, and taking random ass pictures with it.
Besides that, I've been traveling back and forth to Norcal for the past 2 weekends to work on my new (hopefully) pride and joy.
Here are some pics:







Basically, I went through the trouble to chip away all the sound deadening material inside the car, with the help of Henry, who I know comes on here sometimes, Thanks. Other than that, the car doesn't run, barely ran when I bought it, but big plans are in store for it.
I should explain that this car is just sitting in my garage, on jackstands, to the rue of my parent's...however, I do feel that they are starting to understand me and my passion for motorsports now...As I sat in the garage in probably around the 7th hour that I had been chipping away at the sound deadening, my Father asked me how much I had spent on it already, and how much was left to spend. I gave him an estimate around 14,000 or so all said and done, and he asked why I didn't just buy a new car. To which I replied, "Where's the fun in that? I can spend that much money on this car and it can be faster, stronger, lighter.." Right then and there, you could see the light switch on in his head. So, now, for the most part, I have his support, which helps when you're hogging up all the garage space.
Finally, onto more important matters, Winter Quarter is coming to a close, with around 3 weeks left. Now is the final push for me to prove to myself, and the School of Humanities that I'm worth a damn. I got a few midterms back, and am happy to say that they were mildly pleasing, but still cutting it too close for comfort to that GPA mark that I NEED to hit. Wish me luck, and encouragement always helps.
With that, I bid you all adieu.
Monday, February 27, 2006
What it do?
Posted by
Ray Chong Chen
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
can't wait to see how your car turns out. driving to and fro nor.Cal must be tiring..
where do you get the energy to study for your midterms and finals? geez!
anyway. good luck with everything, rayray. :)
see, i saved it for work. GOOD ONE! i still kind of don't understand the whole "passion for cars" thing, but i still support you 100%! schoolwise too! 13 more days of school left.. YESSSSSUH!
i don't think i can do OTH tomorrow night though, as it is ash wednesday and i may quite possibly be in cerritos. i don't know if it's on anyways. so remember we were supposed to go eat at roscoe's some random day last quarter/year/i don't know? let's go soon. kbye!
Post a Comment